- More than 1 in 6 people in the world don't have access to safe drinking water.
- 1 out of every 4 deaths under the age of 5 worldwide is due to a water-related disease.
- Nearly 80% of illnesses in developing countries are linked to poor water and sanitation conditions.
- Lack of water claims more lives than any war
- Every day more than 4,000 children in developing countries die, simply because they don't have clean drinking water
- More children die from diarrheal illnesses like cholera and dysentery than from HIV/AIDS or malaria combined.
- But, for only $10, you can fix that for one person... for ten years!
Need more info?